Now, more than ever, people are looking for ways to avoid needing to go outside. Even when trying to sell your laptop online, you may still need to drop off your package at a local UPS store or USPS post office.
Thankfully, both UPS and USPS have schedule carrier pickups. The U.S. postal service even provides this service free of charge, whether it is for your home or office. Below you will find how to schedule a pickup with USPS or UPS.
For USPS, simply go online to usps.com/pickup.
- Fill out the form with your name, address, phone number and email and then click on the check availability button at the bottom of the page.
- It will first let you know if the service is available in your area, and ask you if there is a dog at the address.
- Once you select yes or no to the dog question, it will ask where will you leave your package(s). Please select the most accurate location of where you will leave your package. You may also leave any additional instructions here, like under the doormat, etc. Please only leave your package in a location that you know is both safe and secure, as neither we, Canitcash LLC, or USPS are liable if your package is lost or stolen.
- You will schedule a pickup time. You can either schedule it for free during your regular mail delivery, or you can login and pay for a specific time.
- We are going to assume you are going with the free option. Once you select the day you would like your package picked up, you will then answer how many packages you plan to have USPS pick up, as well as the package type. If you are using USPS pickup in conjunction with selling your laptop and other device to us here at Canitcash, you will be using Priority Mail.
- Please review your pickup summary and estimate the total weight of your package. Please note that if you are using our service, your label will already be prepaid for, and we are charged by weight once the label is scanned.
- Select the box stating that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms & conditions USPS provides. Once again, please place your package in a secure location. The United States Postal service, and us, Canitcash LLC, bear no liability for lost, stolen, or damaged packages.
More info is provided on the USPS about page HERE.
For UPS, go to the schedule a pickup page HERE.
Unlike USPS, UPS does charge for this service. If you would like to take advantage of a free scheduled pickup when selling your laptop to us, then please choose USPS during the checkout process when obtaining an online quote.
- First you will select if you have a pre-printed UPS shipping label.
- We provide free UPS prepaid shipping labels, so if you are able to print it please select yes. If you do not have a printer, simply message us within your order details page and we will mail you your label ASAP.
- If you select yes, you will have an option to enter in the tracking number to see if the pickup is prepaid. If you are using our service to sell your device, at this time our prepaid shipping labels DO NOT come with free pickups.
- If you select no, you will have the option to pay the driver using a check or money order for pickup charges and shipping charges if applicable. Once again, if you are using our service, we provide free shipping for UPS. However, pickups are not free for UPS.
- After you have selected your label questions, enter your pickup information and location. All you need is your name, address, and phone number.
- Next, you will select how many packages UPS is picking up, as well as the UPS service being used. If you are scheduling a pickup for use with our service, you will check UPS Ground. For “does your pickup contain:”, you will most likely be keeping NO selected, especially if you are scheduling a pickup for our service.
- Schedule a date and time you would like UPS to come and pickup your package, as well as a preferred pickup location and any special instructions for the UPS driver. Just like USPS, please only choose a location you know is safe and secure, as UPS and Canitcash LLC are not liable if a package is lost or stolen.
- If you would like, you can setup pickup notifications, such as an email or text.
- After all prior information has been entered, select next to enter payment information.
- As mentioned previously, UPS scheduled pickups are not free at this time. Please indicate here how you intend to pay for any charges for your shipment.
More info on UPS On-Call Pickup HERE.
Don’t let being stuck inside prevent you from selling your laptop online to us, and schedule a pickup today!