SELL PHONE FOR CASH
SELL YOUR PHONE ONLINE FOR CASH. LOCATE YOUR PHONE MODEL, GET A QUOTE, SHIP IT FREE AND GET PAID!
HOW IT WORKS
Get A Quote
Select your phone brand above, answer a few questions about the devices condition and checkout.
Ship It Free
Find a box, package your phone, attach our prepaid shipment label and drop it off at any UPS or USPS location.
Get Paid Fast
Get paid how you choose! Options include; PayPal, Venmo, Google Pay, Amazon gift card, Check and Chase Quickpay.
WHY CHOOSE CANITCASH TO SELL YOUR PHONE?
SELL PHONE ONLINE - HARDWARE/SOFTWARE CHECKLIST
- Condition: We stress being honest and accurate when selling your phone online. If you are making a listing for eBay, Amazon, or even locally to sell your phone yourself, you should mention every scratch or dent the phone has. If you don’t, expect the person who purchases the phone to complain, or even ask for a return for a full refund. Being accurate in the condition of your phone removes a lot of stress and uncertainty in selling your phone online, even if it reduces the value of your quote.
- Power issues: When getting an instant quote for your phone, making sure the device powers on is very important. If the device doesn’t power on, it could be having major issues that will drastically affect your quote. If it does power on, make sure the charging port is working correctly when plugged in, and be sure to note any liquid damage for an accurate quote. Make sure the phone can connect to WiFi and Bluetooth if it has these capabilities.
- Check the display: Before you get an instant quote, or create a listing to sell your phone online, be sure to check the LCD display for any issues. These issues can include dead/stuck pixels, discolorations like white spots or lines, or blemishes like marks and scratches. Be sure to clean the screen before shipping your phone to make sure you do not miss any issues. Again, you want to be as accurate as possible in your description, so no one returns the phone for an issue that wasn’t mentioned in the original listing. If you have a screen protector over the display, it may also be a good idea to remove this ahead of time to ensure nothing is hiding underneath.
- Check the charger: The charger/ ac adapter is often overlooked, but can be a vital deciding factory when selling your phone online. Be sure your charger has no frayed or exposed wires, and that you have both the adapter and the power cables. It is important to include the adapter in your listing if you have one, or else someone may purchase another listing where one is included. Luckily most Android phones these days ship with standard USB-C cables. So if you have one laying around, even if its not the one that came with your phone originally, it may be a good idea to include it in your listing.
- Remove all passwords: When selling your phone online to places like eBay and Amazon, or locally, make sure you erase all passwords and properly reset the device before shipping. While we do this for you once we receive your phone, someone else who purchases it may not know how to, and will end up returning the phone to you. Be sure to check your Apple iPhone for any iCloud locks. Many customers will ask about this, and if your iPhone has a password, many will not want to purchase your phone.
- Check everything else: Something else not working right on your phone? Camera doesn’t work, speakers defective? Be sure to include this within your listing so that there are no surprises once the buyer receives your phone.
- Make sure the phone you are selling is fully paid off, it is not blacklisted, all passwords have been removed, and if it’s an iPhone, not iCloud locked. If for any reason you are not sure on this please call your phone service provider to inquire. You can also check the phone’s IMEI status HERE. Also, if the phone requires a password to function this will be your first sign the device is locked and this will need to be cleared before you send the device. We would not be able to purchase your phone if it is received in this condition.
- Always backup your important files before selling your phone online. Most Android phones and Apple iPhones have automatic ways to backup your information to the cloud, but this may be a setting you have to manually turn on in your device’s settings before it takes a backup. This information will be connected to the email you used when setting up your phone. Alternatively, simply transfer your important files off the phone you are looking to sell to a USB or external storage. You can do this easily by connecting your phone to your computer, if you have one. Always remember to backup your important files before you sell your phone for cash, as you can’t get this information back once your phone has been reformatted!
Securely erase everything on your phone. As part of our free service when you sell a phone with canitcash.com, we will always reset the device back to factory settings. However, for peace of mind we do suggest you reset your device before sending it to us. Generally the option to reset your device can be found in your phone’s system settings. Simply locate the option and follow the on screen instructions.
- Remove your SIM Card. The first thing to do when preparing a phone to sell is to check for and remove your SIM card. All phones should have a SIM card, as this is how you connect to your network. It is possible your old SIM card will store important data such as old contacts or personal information so we do suggest you check and remove the SIM card when selling your phone online.
- Remove your memory or storage card. It is easy to forget about that extra space you added when you first bought your phone. If you have inserted a SD or memory card into your phone, be sure to take it out so you can use it with your new purchase. Not all phones have expandable storage however, so if your phone doesn’t have this feature, don’t worry about it!
- You’ve created a full backup, saved your personal files, and securely reset your phone to its factory default settings. Let’s find out if we can get you some cash for your phone. Return to the top of this page and select the brand of the phone you are trying to sell to continue to your instant online quote.
Help keep the earth clean and green and recycle your phone responsibly
Please always sell or recycle your old phone responsibly. Hopefully, you are already on your way to an instant quote to sell your old phone. However, if you find yourself in a position where your device is not worth a value or no one wants it, then its time to dispose of it in an environmentally conscious way. In many cases stores around you that sell electronics such as Best Buy will also offer to recycle unwanted devices; you would just need to bring it to the store. Also, you can look into online sources such as Earth911. If you need assistance getting rid of old technology feel free to Contact Us and we will assist you in arranging a responsible disposal of the items.
SELL YOUR PHONE PLUS SO MUCH MORE
Sure you can sell a phone at Canitcash, but did you know you could sell so much more? Have a look at some of the other items we purchase. Dust off that used desktop computer or iPhone you have not used in years and get some more cash all in one stop!